Saturday, August 2, 2008

Moving and Dessert Party




I stink! I really do! I've been in TN for most of the week, and still have had no time to update my blog! I commit to do better once the dust settles upon my arrival to Peru. I have truly enjoyed being home this week. I really needed the rest after packing my apartment up so quickly. But I must say, Alexis is a beast!!!! She was a complete lifesaver when it came to organizing my mess! Not just one, but TWO, Saturday nights in a row she helped me focus my waning energy and attention on the completion of my packing extravaganza!! But let's talk about the fun stuff!


Thursday July 24th was moving day. Instead of the two hours I was quoted, it took closer to 5 1/2. Yeah, I was wiped, especially after driving downtown to the Peruvian consulate (oh yeah, I spoke Spanish the whole time there, thank you very much!), then to El Monte to meet with my accountant, and finally back down to Hollywood to finish setting up my classroom for my exchange partner, all of this, the previous day! Anyway, I was ready to celebrate with my friends that night! My dear friend Angie Lee was gracious enough to host a dessert party in my honor that evening and that was a blast! We all ordered Thai food, rehashed our island experiences in St. John, and enjoyed some amazing desserts and bubbly Martinelli's with kiss ice cubes. I must say, I felt very chic and very blessed. Some of my favorite desserts, along with my favorite gals, made the evening wonderful. There was an incredible strawberry shortcake (my fav!!!) for all of us to sink out teeth into, and Angie also picked out mini-desserts for a sampling, including tiramisu, my other fav! Alexis, Angie, Colleen, Gretchen, Deanne and I had a wonderful time. I was surprised with entertaining and useful gifts ranging from insect repellent socks to pictures of me sleeping! We had an absolute blast. I was sad to see the evening end, but very grateful to Alexis for inviting me to crash at her place until I left for Tennessee. We're both talkers so we probably didn't get as much sleep as we were accustomed to, but it was fun to have a roommate again!

1 comment:

Lexykins said...

I had a fun time helping you move! And a fun time at the dessert party.

I'll be praying for you in the coming weeks!

I miss you!

Lex