Friday, October 3, 2008

Waaaay too long!!!

I apologize to all my friends and loved ones who are reading my blog!! I have not been as consistent as I had wished! But, I will remedy that! I am going to Machu Pichu in less than a week!! I am sooooo excited I can hardly wait! I'm staying with my friend Patrick who is also a Fulbright teacher. Yes, everyone, he is my FRIEND, no más! So I'm buying his beer for the week in exchange for free housing!! I'll also be visiting Valle Sagrado (the Sacred Valley of the Incas) and then travel on to Arequipa, the second largest city in Peru! It's called the White City; you'll have to google it to see why! I might tell you when I get back! I'm also heading to Cañon del Colca to see the Andean condor! I'm very pumped!

I am in the midst of grading what is the equivalent of our final exams. Instead of twice a year, like it is in the States, it's 4 times!! Ugh!! Not only do we have to enter our grades into the computer, we also have to recopy all of our grades into the official gradebook to give to the municipality. Talk about a waste of time! I have SEVEN classes!!!! I will survive! I have my trip to motivate me!! 10 days of travel, and in a few short months I will do my tour of South America!!

3 comments:

Lexykins said...

Yeah! I almost didn't check, but I'm glad I did! :-)

Were your ears burning? Angie and I hung out yesterday and we were missing you!

Lexykins said...

Shelley--what happened to your foot--is this from when you fell? You should blog about that!

Lexykins said...

I miss you Shelley! It has been way too long. When are you free to talk?